Monday, March 24, 2008

Imitating the writer

Between Chapter 56 & 57 of Sailing to Capri

The next day we left the beautiful Blue Boat and ventured on to our new luxurious life that Bob has given to us. Well, all except Davis because he turn down the offer and confidently said that he will be mentioned daily on the financial paper. As for Filomena, she eagerly decided to start living in Capri where Bob has given her second chance in life with a new home and a clothing boutique in store for her. I think I’ll see Filomena very often because Villa Belkiss is there. And after saying goodbye to her with eyes fill with tears, we all left for the airport and went our separate ways, except for Bordelaise and I. And yes Montana went separately because he has to check on work, but this is time he said actually said goodbye not like the other times.

On the airplane, I felt so relieved from all the drama that happened and ended up falling asleep through out the flight back home. I think it was the best nap I’ve ever had since Bob’s death. When we arrived, Bordelaise had to nudge me a few time for me to wake up and pestered me about my sleeping habits until we got into the cab. After 30 minutes the cab stopped in front of a large square Georgian-style building, like a typical Yorkshire home it was built with dark gray stones. From the gate was a long stoned driveway that leads to the side of the house. This is my home, Sneadley Hall. I pull my luggage in front of the doors with the two long windows with an arched fanlight above it and rung the doorbell. Mrs. Wainwright in her pajamas gasps and hugged me tightly. She asked me many questions about the cruise. So many that I couldn’t comprehend. So I told her about the whole entire trip and the killer. She was shocked and overwhelmed that she said she needed to rest. And I went into my room and took out the yellow envelope from underneath my pillow that contains the letter that Bob wrote to me. One letter was the one I’ve already read and the other one hasn’t been because Bob wrote to be read at the appropriate time. And so I sat down on my bed with my back against the sleigh bed frame on top of my plump cream silk quilt and look over the letter that I’ve already read. I began to cry. Bob did not deserve to die in such a horrible way. I wish he would have walked farther away from the car before it exploded. Then I wouldn’t be here crying. Bob is my savior, friend, and boss. He took me from my hell and made me a heaven by taking me under his wings. He provided me with a job and a house but most of all love. I love Bob and he loved me, but we both knew it was not lovers. A few moments later, Rats walked into my little Tuscan room, with his paw clicking against the chestnut floor. He stops in front of me and glance at me then jumped right onto the bed and lay on my knee. It’s as though he knew that I was missing Bob and decided to comfort me. I wrapped my arm around his stomach and pet him, I said good boy Rats, good boy. During that moment I felt one of the corners of the envelopes underneath him. It was the one that I have not read. I tried to pull it but I felt like he added more pressure in keeping the letter. I turn and looked at him and said I won’t read it boy, and he got up and lay at the end of the bed. I walk over to the little dressing table with little shaded silver sconces on both side of the Venetian mirror and pull the golden Venetian handle and place the letter underneath my neatly folded sweater. Coincidentally, my cell phone rang and on the screen in bolded letters was P.I Montana. I picked up the phone and said I think you’ve got the wrong number and bluntly said I miss you Daisy Keane. We talked for awhile and afterwards I went to bed and closed the light. It was strange that night because Rats and I felt a warm breeze even though the windows and door was close. But I think we both knew who it was. Rats barked and I whispered we miss you Bob.

1 comment:

Jessica S. 6 said...

I love this book, so I just wanted to share with everyone my favorite piece , which I thought I did a good job in.